With Cinco de Mayo coming up, poblano peppers are crazy inexpensive which means it’s time to make some poblano pepper dip! Warning: my husband and I ate 3/4 of this dip, so if more than two people will be enjoying this dip you definitely want to double the recipe.
This is pretty much a take on the delicious chili cheese dip. What’s really awesome is you can totally add some cooked chorizo, cilantro, salsa, refried beans… whatever you like!
8 oz. cream cheese
1 package of Mexican cheese or taco cheese
3 poblano peppers
1/4 cup chopped green onions
Diced tomatoes, as much as you’d like
Whatcha Gonna Do:
1. Season peppers and jalapeño with your choice cooking oil and salt. Char on a grill or directly on stovetop flame. Set aside in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap for at least 10 minutes.
2. Once the peppers have had time to sit and steam the skins should be able to easily remove with your hands or by scraping peppers with a knife. Dice peppers and jalapeño; set aside.
***This is where you decide if you’re going to bake this in an oven or microwave. Especially when it’s nice outside, I hate putting the oven on, so I used a microwave-safe dish.
3. In your dish of choice, evenly spread cream cheese.
4. Add your diced peppers, jalapeños and green onions on top of cream cheese.
5. Cover all that deliciousness with the package of Mexican cheese
6. In the microwave, cover and cook for about 5 minutes. If cooking in the oven, bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and bubbling.
7. Top with diced tomatoes and enjoy!